Tuesday 19 May 2015

My Son is a Racist Pervert

So I've blogged a few times about how amazing I'm finding Z's language development.  I've also been taking a fairly juvenile approach to his frequent mispronunciations.

Z was struggling with pronouncing 't' at around the time we moved him from a cot to a bed.  'T' was pronounced like a 'c'.  Oh, how we laughed:

"My c0ck"
"Bye bye c0ck"
"Baby c0ck"
"No c0ck"

Like I say, juvenile.

When Z says "thank you" it sometimes sounds like "c0ck you" I don't know how this can be, but it does make me giggle:

"C0ck you Granny"

You'd be amazed how often toddlers say the word "stick" and how many of them pronounce it like "sh1t":

"More sh1t"
"Look, sh1t here"
"Want more sh1t"
"No more sh1t, c0ck you"

It seems that whilst Z can't say 't' at the end of cot, he can put one on the end of the word "tip".  And can therefore be found at the front door whilst the car is being loaded for a trip to the local recycling centre shouting:

"T1t, Daddy, T1t"

But, my absolute fave so far came yesterday when Z said 'blackcurrant' for the first time.  He wanted some squash to drink and was storming around the kitchen yelling "I want blackcurrant"  It turns out he can't say the 'r's in this word.

Try saying "I want blackcurrant" with no 'r's and tell me that my son is not a racist pervert.

No comments:

Post a Comment