Monday 23 February 2015

Never overlook the obvious...

Just had a hellish playdate - Z was a total menace and I spent all morning trying to figure out why he's being such a bad version of himself today.

Its an indication of how sleep deprived I am that I forgot to factor in the fact that he's poorly at the moment - with recurrent croup. He's full of cold and toddlers always misbehave when they are under the weather. But he's been a nightmare!

I just realised the treatment he was given yesterday for his croup was a steroid. They did mention he might be pumped up - I kind of forgot this would last for 48 hours.

I should have cancelled the playdate. I'm now amazed he was actually so good!

Moral of the story - toddler playmates are bad enough. Don't organise them when your toddler is on steroids. Certainly never organise a playdate when you have four month old twins and your toddler is on steroids. If you do organise a playdate when you've got 4 month old twins and a toddler on steroids, certainly don't attempt to make homemade butternut squash soup and homemade bread.

I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon watching Frozen and hiding under a duvet.

Silly mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment